Saturday, October 30, 2010

No “modern day” conveniences

So I have been thinking lately how our lives have been “bogged down” with all these different things taking up so much of our time. My friend and I were talking about how we always say we don’t have time, we don’t have time. I do agree that sometimes things get very busy, but at the same time some of the things that are taking up our time are so worthless. We say we don’t have time to meet a good friend for lunch, but we have time to sit in front of the computer on Facebook for two hours. When I get home from work the husband lays down on the couch and starts up the TV and I go directly to my laptop. I am so tired of it. That is one thing that I look forward to simplifying my life. Now don’t get me wrong I love the internet as much as the next person, but I think that it has gone to the point that I am addicted. I feel that technology has spoiled us to the point that we wouldn’t know what to do without it. I feel that I am going to get a lot more done with my schoolwork also. I am not going to be able to run to my computer every time I want to check what my Facebook friends have posted. I am looking forward to my simplified life.

No comments:

Post a Comment